I've gotten terribly behind on my blog, and I have zero time to be doing this right now, but I just had to post these pictures from last weekend before they get buried in the archives of photos I do nothing with.
Last weekend, Kevin's mom flew me and Kevin's two sisters out to LA to see both the Ellen show and the Jay Leno show. I can't believe Rose and Kris pulled off getting us tickets to both shows two days in a row and on top of that we got to go to Santa Monica to the beach. It's been so long that I've been to the beach that I almost forgot how much I loved it. I think I actually liked the beach better than the shows, but the shows were also fun. Apparently we made it on TV quite a few times on the Ellen show, but my favorite was the Leno show. We got to see Ryan Seacrest, Randy Jackson, and Steven Tyler, and Jay Leno was surprisingly super nice.
Highlights of the trip:
(1) Basking in the California sun in the middle of January
(2) Getting picked before the Ellen show as a potential "random" contestent that might be called on during the show
(3) Being very relieved when I was not picked as a contestant on the Ellen show since the game involved making out with the celebrity guest Shemar Williams, which would have left me in the dog house with Kevin for months
(4) Putting my toes in the Pacific Ocean, sitting in the sand, and truly soaking up the moment
(5) Drinking half a dozen Hibiscus martinis, and spending girl time giggling like an idiot
Lowpoints of the trip:
(1) Traveling home for 8 hours back to Nebraska with a hibiscus martini migraine
Here are some of the pictures from the trip, mostly from the beach since you weren't allowed to bring cameras into either of the shows.
Thanks again Rose for the trip. It was so generous of you and was a very fun trip.
And for anyone that wants that Hibiscus martini recipe, it was fabulous: Blue Ice Organic Wheat American Vodka, hibiscus syrup, fresh lime and lemon, organic agave nectar, muddled fresh ginger and cucumber served straight up. Yum.